Ellen Silberlicht

Ellen Silberlicht
click on my photo to view my website

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Older work which lead me to where I am working today.

The process is all very interesting. What I do in the past builds into my current works. So, I thought I would share with you my most recent past, related work so you can see the growth and development of it all.
After traveling to South Africa and going on a photo safari, these pieces suggesting an animal in a primitive form developed very easily. I used wax resist for the jar's decoration. These are raku fired.

Some raku glazes are more like fuming if you put them on lightly. I really like the matte surface and how it changed colors. Reminds me of a dancing flame.

                                                                  Raku Giraffe Jar




                               They say when an elephant's trunk is up it will give you good luck!


The ostrich's head is poking out on the inside of the lid. Makes me laugh. This piece was chosen for a show at Marywood this fall...I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment