This is a series of pieces I began with an electric firing as the finish in mind. Since raku is very difficult to do in the winter, due to the temperature drop and firing with propane, I decided to see what my work would look like if I glazed it.
Above on the camel head piece I used iron oxide on the head and glazed the rest.
This bass is what it looks like before it goes into the kiln.....I thought it would be interesting to see a before and after photo.....so check back shortly to see it finished.
This trout was fired at cone 5. I've included two different views of it.
I have more in the kiln now...so will post more photos as they come out!