Ellen Silberlicht

Ellen Silberlicht
click on my photo to view my website

Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor day weekend comes to a close.

I don't know what others do with their spare time...but mine is spent in my studio...working as hard as I can to get my ideas out of my head and into the clay. I always like to challenge myself, try new things and grow...as much as possible. This leads to many pots!
Yes, I do have the disease....I have the need to create. If I don't accomplish something each day, I feel as though I haven't achieved. Too bad I can't work in my studio every day!
This piece is titled Under the Sea with sea turtles and a sting ray.

Here's another view with the stingray.

I'll try an octopus again...the past images of the octopus, similar to this one cracked in a dozen pieces...so now, I am using the proper clay.

My husband says you can never have tooooo many elephants...and so........

The ram is a piece I envisioned a few weeks ago...but didn't get around to working on this until now.

I'm anxious to see how this eagle pot fires...what is raw clay will be black...unless I glaze a few places...and the yellow will be contrasting the black.

And the last pot of Labor Day weekend is the lizard. Now they will dry in my studio from 2-3 weeks....and then they will be bisqued and ready to raku.

No comments:

Post a Comment